In this era of increasing competition from big retail stores and large e-commerce companies, it is important for a small business to have strong sales. Failure to do so, the business may stagnate and may end up closing shop. As a business person, you must examine ways to sell your products and services to boost your sales and effectively improve your bottom-line. If you are a small retailer, here are some of the ways in which you can increase sales:
1. Local Advertising and word-of-mouth
Local advertising can be done through the normal channels of TV, radio, and newspapers. You can promote your basket of goods and services through the traditional channels. If cities/towns with good internet connectivity, you can also promote your retail outlet online. You should also try to build a strong word-of-mouth marketing channel, as that channel works the best in smaller towns and cities.
2. Offer Money Transfer and Mini ATM Services
Sometimes the bank may have closed because time has elapsed and the ATM is far off. Still, a client can be able to send money to a loved one through your store if you partner with Payworld through their money transfer system.
You can also have mPoS system that allows a client to withdraw up to Rs. 2,000 .This can greatly increase your sales revenue.
3. Sale of Bus and Rail Tickets
People have to travel, and the most common form of travel is either by bus or rail. By partnering with Payworld, a retailer in a small city can help its customer’s book tickets for bus, train or even an airplane. This added convenience for your customers increases their loyalty and your sales.
4. Offering Mobile Recharge Services
When people come to your store, they should be able to charge their mobile connections for airtime and data packages. This would bring repeat business and foot traffic to your store, and soon you will have more clients than his competitors because of these essential services.
5. Inside your store
As a business person, you must start looking at every person who enters into your store as a potential buyer. To make this possible you must ask yourself how your store looks like from the inside. Some things that can be done on the inside of the store include:
- Counter position: Should be in a place where you can be able to greet the customers as they come in.
- Shop signage: Should be able to guide the customer well.
- Customer service: Your staff must be warm, kind, trustworthy and have knowledge of the product. They must wow your customer with their information. Be fast to get what the customer needs.
- The point of Sale: Upselling can be done by partnering with Payworld to offer services such as DTH recharge, paying of insurance premiums, flight reservation, etc. This can significantly increase sales.
6. Offer Sales incentives to your Employees
A time-tested principle to reward employees this can work wonders on your sales you one can able to:
- Give commissions per product sold.
- Give rewards to the employee achieving the highest sales such as gifts or promotions.
7. Run a Customer Loyalty Program
You can run a reward program where a customer is rewarded after achieving certain criteria. You can offer this by way of discounts, gifts, coupons etc. This can make bring loyalty of clients hence increasing sales.
By partnering with a company such as Payworld these time-tested tips can help small retailers in cities as well as remote areas to increase their sales hence their profitability. Why don’t you try them and see your business grow and flourish.